Kodi App Description
Perhaps Kodi is a familiar name to you, but are you aware of the good things it has. This app often trends because of controversy content in the Kodi boxes, which makes it easy for users to illegally access copy-right protected music, films, and other materials.
However, the application is legal and loaded with plenty of options, which you can use to control and stream your media collection. Having a vast library of music, videos, and photos, this is the app you need to must-have.
Through its open-source designs, users can customize every aspect of the app, allowing them to choose what to play.
Features of the App
- Free and open-source media player.
- Simple and easy to use UI.
- Regular system updates.
- Support a variety of video formats.
As statistics are reporting an increase in the number of cord-cutter use, at the same time, this app is gaining much more popularity. The percentage of people shifting from cable connections usage is directly proportional to the population adopting the use of this application.
However, the use of this app as a central or substitute system comes with many pros and cons. Below, we have discussed the benefits and limitations that result when you use this app.
Pros of the App
- Cost – this application is pocket-friendly, which everyone will agree to because it is free to operate and download Kodi. All its addons, including the one that allows you to stream live TV, are free. Can any app get better beyond this?
- Streaming – another benefit with this app is that you can watch anything you want from live TV to recorded shows. Sometimes the streaming quality may be low, but this can be sorted with the use of a VPN.
- Content – this application offers more than 1000 addons with varying genres and categories that are full of content. Additionally, you can install various add-ons to receive your favorite content from sports, news, movies to TV, series, and many more. In some cases, the material may be geo-restricted, although that should not be a big deal as the use of VPN connections enables you to watch even restricted content.
Cons of the App
- Support – this app doesn’t offer support help where you can report any issue that you may encounter. As it is a free open source application, you are on your own to troubleshoot a problem if it arises.
- Addons with malware – given that it’s a free app, it is not a surprise that few addons have suspected provenance.
- Security – safety is a significant concern with the use of this application, as it is more vulnerable to cyber threats.
Why Should Someone Download Kodi
With much having been said above, you should now take the next step and download Kodi to feel its real experience. After downloading this application, learn how to install addons as they are the most critical aspect of Kodi.